For the fourth year, Arlington’s Boy Scout Troop 306 (home troop to many Stratton alumni) is collecting holiday gift items for teens serviced by the Arlington Department of Children and Family Services office, which has case workers for approximately 180 teens in Arlington and surrounding communities. Items collected through the drive will be bundled into gift bags by the Scouts and delivered by case workers, in the hopes of letting these teens in difficult situations know their community cares.
Suggested donation items (New only, please)
- Decks of cards (plain or themed-sports, National Parks, etc)
- Small puzzles or brain teasers
- Winter hat
- Socks – boys basketball style, girls, warm/winter themed
- Personal hygiene items (body wash, soap, toothbrush, mouthwash, cologne/perfume, nail polish)
- Small poster or Fathead stickers
- Refillable water bottles
- School supply items, possibly with winter theme (pencils, pens, erasers, markers, colored pencils, stationery)
- Duck tape with interesting themes/colors
- Yo-yo, hackey sack or other similar small toy
- Candy (holiday colors, chewing gum/mints)
- Artist sketchbooks or art supplies
In addition to the above items, you may donate cash/checks & gift cards for iTunes, Barnes and Noble, Bath and Body Works or other teen-oriented stores at the teller windows in the Cambridge Savings Bank location.
A red bin with signage has been placed in the lobby, next to Mrs. Fischer’s desk. Collected gifts are picked up regularly by boy scouts during the time of the collection drive.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.